Background

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Helpful Sister

Friday was my first day to have the girls all by myself. Paul was fortunate enough to be able to take Mon-Thurs off, but Friday was not an option. Friday the 13th was true to its hype a little scary. Luckily we were all able to survive, it seemed questionable at times.
After a rough morning, the afternoon proved to try every ounce of patience my tired body could handle. Avery seemed to have a geyser of poo, Addie seemed to need me more than ever and my house was a mess. Oh not to mention, I ran out of diapers that fit my teeny tiny child. Evidently some newborn diapers are smaller than others.
I put Avery in her crib, so that I could clean up lunch and get my living room vacuumed. Since she is so teeny and doesn't move I didn't even bother to clean out the crib, mistake #1. I didn't even get all of our lunch dishes put away before I found Addie IN the crib. Mistake # 2, leaving Addie alone in the same room with baby for more than 1 minute!

It is true, Addie went from helping me in the kitchen to 2 minutes later helping her little sister. All day I had been trying to give Addie special attention to make sure that she wasn't feeling left out, and when I walked in the room and saw Addie in the crib and Avery in the chair that I left in the crib, I had to take a few deep breaths and remind myself that Addie is 3 and thinks that she is helping! It was really cute and totally scary all at the same time. Luckily the camera was right there, so I took a few pictures and then had the calm talk about picking up baby. Staying calm and not yelling was way harder than I thought it would be. I think, "I think I can I think I can" will be my new mantra for a while.

1 comment:

  1. Ok Avery seriously looks like a baby doll. I had to double take. Cute girls. At least Addie wants to be with Avery. It means she loves her. :)

    ReplyDelete