Background

Friday, August 6, 2010

Almost ready for Baby

It is no secret that I have been a nesting mess. It has been one project (with a few swimming breaks) after another. Finally the big thorn in my side is complete! This cradle once had a nice honey finish and after about 9 cans of white spray paint and a few coats of sealant it is white.
After many hours in my driveway and more than one curse word, I can say that I am done and don't plan on painting anything else for a long time!
After I put the thing together I realized that it needed something. Then came the stencils and the paint. And yet I still wasn't satisfied. The cradle didn't seem cozy enough for a sweet little baby. Having resolved to not spend any more money on the stinkin' thing I decided to make a bumper for it using scrap materials that I already had.
All said and done I am pretty proud of myself.
Now that the cradle is completed, I had to find a place to put it. After a full morning of moving and rearranging, I managed to make everything fit in our room.

If you were wondering the crib it ready as well, it just happens to be a little occupied at the moment. I swear I think I have baby stuff coming out my waszoo. Everywhere I turn there is another baby something that I need to find a home for, and I am out of homes for all the stuff! Oh well its not like the baby will notice if her room is cluttered!

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget about all the baby stuff in my trunk! It needs a home too.

    ReplyDelete