Background

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Crafty I am Not!

2
So for those of you who don't know me all that well, here is a little insight into the world of Jenny. I see things that are way cute and A. I'm in a time crunch and don't have time to order it or B. I think that I will safe a few bucks and make it myself, because it can't be that complicated. Yeah right. In the end I usually end up spending more than it would have cost to just buy it, destroyed my kitchen and become a neglectful wife and mother.The best part is that I know this about myself and yet I still take on new projects! I guess I am a slow learner. I teach the CTR 7 class at church and this month I had 2 kids getting Baptised and I thought I should have a little something to give them for this right of passage. I saw these cute towels and thought "Wow I could do that". Yeah 5 hours later, several curse words and only a few yellings at Addie to leave Mommy alone I completed 2 towels. There are 11 kids in my class, Ahhhhhhhh.
So if you ever hear me say "Oh that would be so easy, why don't you just make it" ask me if I have ever made one, and if I say yes ask how ugly the first on was! I find that the true test of a project is if the first one that you make is actually presentable! In this case, NO. The towels in the picture are actually towels 2 and 3. The first was so bad I took it apart and pretend it didn't happen. And one more bit of advise, Husband if you come home from work and the sewing machine is out, don't even ask about my day. Know that it was filled with frustration and that dinner isn't going to be cooked by me!
All in all I have learned that I am not what you would call a "crafter". Yes I do make things and usually they do turn out cute. But, I hate the actual act of making them, I enjoy the final product and that is the only reason I even go through the headache of figuring out how to make the crap that I do. I either see or imagine it and then I can't find it for sale so I end up driving my family crazy until I have it all completed! At least God didn't give me any artistic abilities because then I think I would have way too many project and my family would have to have an intervention!

1 comment:

  1. Those are adorable! And you are very crafty--I still use the magnets that you made for me one year.

    ReplyDelete