Background

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

"No Potty Mommy"

Lately I have been trying to get Addie interested in the big girl potty. Its hasn't been going as planned. I have tried the little potty, and now we have moved on to the princess seat!
I'm not sure about the helmet, but Addie insisted that she have it on her head, and no we hadn't been riding her bike and didn't ride her bike afterwards! I guess she needed all the princesses she could get!
Tonight as I was trying yet again, I tried to figure out what would entice her to want to use the potty. She had already informed me that she was going to need more than candy to make it worth her while. I asked her if she would like to wear princess panties, and she enthusiastically said "uh huh". Then I asked if she liked wearing diapies, "No diap Mommy". At this point I was thinking sweet, I just might have figured her out! But NO, as we continued to talk and I explained that she had to actually go potty on the potty to be able to wear princess panties. She said "No potty princess Mommy, diap". In the words of a 2 year old, I was just told that I needed to bring more than princess panties if I ever want this child to pee in the potty!

No comments:

Post a Comment