Background

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

An Evening with Dad

After a hard 20 minutes of working in the yard a little chocolate milk will perk you up.

Cheese, oh wonderful cheese is what Dad would say, but if you ask Addie you get a big fat yuck!

But don't worry Dad, Addie will still help you make your omelet even if it has cheese as a main ingredient.

We were just barely able to get the yard mowed in time for trash pick up in the morning. Know that I say we, but mostly I mean Paul, with a little guidance from Addie.

After Addie shows Dad where all the Ellie dog "Yuckies" are she helps direct where to mow.
She inspects the grass and to make sure Dad didn't miss any blades of grass.

Her other job is to fill up Ellie Dog's water bucket. She is really good at that one! A+ for Addie and her yard work.

Just in case you were wondering, Mom did work in the yard as well. I am officially in charge of the weed eradication program. I have done such a great job killing the weeds that I can't get the grass to grow back in a few places. One of the many side effects of Roundup. I have since moved on to a better weed killer that won't leave me with a polka dot yard when I'm done. All I ask is that we don't have the ugliest yard on the street and so far so good, polka dots and all.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Rain Boots! Austen and I both have a pair and we're not ashamed to wear them to wal-mart on raniy days.

    ReplyDelete