Background

Friday, September 10, 2010

Fall is in the Air


I am not gunna lie, this week was hard. I declared it take your 3 year old to work day twice this week. I even offered to drop her off at "Dad's House" as Addie calls his office. Poor Add not even her Dad was willing to wrangle her, something about having to actually work got in the way of my perfect plan. Summer is officially over, and I had to send my family home. I guess it is poetic to be in sink with the seasons. As one chapter closes we begin a new one filled with adventure. As summer is my favorite season, filled with pools, sun tans and lots of snow cones. We are ready to start enjoying all that fall has to offer, beautiful trees, cool afternoons at the park and lots of pumpkins!
Being a Mom is full of emotions. All in the same day I can be completely amazed feeling blessed to have my children and by the afternoon I'm ready to give them away. This week was filled with those kind of days. Maybe it was in part due to the fact that my Mom left and another part due to the change in weather. Whatever it was I am ready for the return of my sweet girls. A mom can only handle grumpy for so long! Next week I vow to be a better more patient Mother, and maybe cook a meal or two. Adjusting to 2 kids is not as easy as I thought. Addie has been super needy especially when Avery has my attention, and not to forget that I am exhausted all the time. But I wouldn't trade it for the world!

2 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up, you are a wonderful Mom and just remember to breath. Each day is a blessing and this time goes soooo fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to agree with you. Somedays and sometimes you want to give them away and other times you wouldn't trade them or the moments for anything.

    ReplyDelete