Background

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Supercharged Nesting

Who knew I could get so much accomplished in 2 days. Tell a girl that she is out of money until Friday and she can come up with all sorts of projects to stay busy. With my gas tank on E and my bank account on reserves I was left with a whole lot of finishing what I had already started. Once the laundry was done, the bags put away, and the house cleaned I realized that it was HOT outside and that I needed to find something to keep me busy while basking in the cool AC. Wednesday I stayed pretty busy with chores and cleaning this beautiful chandelier that Grandma gave us. I completely understand why people complain about cleaning those suckers! It was worth all that tedious work because now my entry sparkles with light! (The picture doesn't even do it justice)
I even tried to be lazy today (thursday) I slept in, watched a show in bed and then got up. All the while Addie was sound asleep, it is true that child slept until after 10 today! I attacked the clover in my yard, fixed the puncture wounds in our pool, started my to-do list of things to get done before this baby is born, and made a shopping list for tomorrow! Then it was like I had been drugged with energy! I don't know how else to explain it. I made Addie's birthday tutu, I can't believe that she will be 3 next month. Wow a lot has happened in those short 3 years.
The tutu was probably the easiest part of my day. For some reason I felt like I needed to put the crib up and put together the girls room. I must say from a distance the crib looks great, but man that child of mine knows how to put some wear and tear on her furniture! That thing was so dirty, and not to mention chewed up, luckily I had Pledge on hand.
In making room for baby, all of Addie's beloved toys had to relocate. Sadly they moved into the living room. Oh well I guess we have to put them somewhere, and I would rather her play in the living room than out in the garage.
We all are having to make adjustments in preparation for new baby. The mini refrigerator temporarily was forced to take up residence in the master bathroom! My living room had way more toys than I had ever hoped for, and I couldn't make it fit in the living room without being in the way. Thus, it now holds all the extra towels! Someday soon enough it will be filled with children and toys but until then bath towels.


No comments:

Post a Comment