Background

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

5 Whole Years

Wow 5 years. 5 year ago if you would have asked me if I thought I would be in Idaho with kid #2 on the way, I'm sure I would have laughed at the thought. I can't say that a mortgage, 3 states and almost 2 kidlets has been easy, but I can say that I couldn't imagine doing it with anyone other than Paul. Life has taken us for an amazing ride. We have grown up exponentially and continue to grow and learn how to be real life responsible grown ups. For the most part we are still the silly couple completely in love and enjoying the blessings that our family brings us.
Looking back over our past anniversaries we realized that it is a good thing we chose to really celebrate our anniversary back in April while we were in Mexico. Out of the 5 that we have had Paul has been out of town, I've been uncomfortably pregnant (now twice), broke as a joke and I think we went out one year, maybe. So, we decided to break the tradition of blowing off our anniversary and we went out!
Oh how we love the Melting Pot! Not that we have been since being recruited to move to Oregon while I was pregnant with Addie. Every time we see one, we think ohhh we need to go go there again.
We finally made it back and enjoyed every last bite, especially the dessert fondu, Yummmmm.
With full bellies and having had enjoyed an evening out we headed home to see how the sitter survived an evening with Addie. We are truly blessed to have each other and are looking forward to our future.

1 comment:

  1. you guys better go there one more time before summer is over... they are going out of buisness :(

    ReplyDelete