Background

Monday, March 15, 2010

My Kind of Crafts


First of all I love Christmas presents in March. My Auntie Joey and Uncle Andy gave us a gift card for Christmas and I had trouble deciding what to purchase. A few months later I was able to settle on a beautiful cake stand. Which in fact I justified as a family present. I may be the one who has a mild obsession with cake stands, but Husband will be happy that he didn't have to buy it and Addie will enjoy stealing treats off it, so I say it counts as a family present. Thank you Auntie Joey and Uncle Andy. This month we are using it as an Easter center piece, treats will have to wait until next month.


A while back I made a post about how I made crafty things, but didn't enjoy the process. I thought I would clarify that a little. I enjoy easy not so technical crafts, like poking silk flowers into a Styrofoam ball or painting a picture frame and hot gluing ribbon to it. Those are all easy no stress kinds of crafts. I get to pick my colors and tweak them however I want and feel that they will coordinate with what I already own. I like not having to hunt and then settle for an over priced something that will do until I find what I want. I'm to fickle and move to often to really want to spend a lot of money on any one thing! And besides lets just face it, I need projects they keep me sane.



1 comment:

  1. Man, Addie has a lot of hair bows. She might need more now that it is considered art, they are framed and everything.

    ReplyDelete