Background

Friday, March 5, 2010

Just Another Day at the Park


Don't mind that bruise on Addie's forehead, she just takes after her mother. The door frame ran into her.
So onto the real story of the week! This week Wednesday was our Monday. Lets just say Addie and I were a real team! First of all, while I was in the shower, just the typical scrub yourself clean and get out kind of shower, Addie emptied and entire bottle of perfume in my bedroom. This particular bottle didn't even smell good in small amounts let alone in a concentrated amount in a small confined area!
Lucky for us it was another beautiful day outside. We ditched the house and played outside. Then we took pink sugar cookies to Dad's office just to find out is meeting continued on into the evening to include Dinner! Uhhhh. By this point I knew that as a Mom my fuse was rapidly shrinking. I had already cleaned the house, dealt with a stinky mess, made sugar cookies and cleaned up the mess. My amazingness was running on low. So on that note McDonald's for dinner and then off to the park. Sounds good right! Wrong!
Like usual I didn't have my wedding ring on, and never even thought twice about it until... A stinkin' single Dad. I knew I was in trouble when he actually got up off the bench to come over the play area to talk. After making chit chat and clearly stating that I was married and pregnant, I was able to run off to help Addie. I couldn't ditch the guy and to make things worse we were the only ones in the play area of the park. So when Addie was stinky, we make our attempt for an exit. Out of all the cars to park next to it had to be his! Its true, so as I'm getting into my car he couldn't just stick to "see ya later" more like never. Nope he throws out the "hey I got an extra pass at the pool if you want to ever join us." Seriously, you have got to be kidding me, what part of happily married and pregnant did you miss! Obviously I politely declined jumped in the car and drove away. to the parking lot of the restaurant where Paul was having Dinner (it was only down the street) or that I could text him this funny encounter. Of course Paul thought it was hilarious and decided to share it with the table and has decided to tease me about it every time he has a chance. I know that Addie and I are cute, but seriously. Now I have to find a new park for a while. Who knew it was such a jungle out there, who would have thought that married women would be considered prey for the predators in the dating world! YIKES!

1 comment:

  1. Man that stinks! Not fun. Sorry about the perfume incident, but at least it was the stinky stuff! I had a thought while pondering your can't get any peace even for a two minute shower. Lizzie used to be the same way, I had to shower fast for fear of the damage to our house. Here's what I did, maybe it will help--for Christmas Lizzie got a Leap Frog Write and Scribble (they're about $20). AT shower time she sits on my bed and plays with it. It's about the only time she is allowed too, and it does so many different things she stays busy. Added bonus--she's learned to write her name and most of her letters in the past 2 months! Hope this idea helps! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete