Background

Friday, November 12, 2010

The Small Things

This week was pretty uneventful, with respect to the fact that we didn't go or do anything out of the ordinary. This week was filled with little reminders of why I love being a Mom.

Waking up every morning with a sweet little Avery smiling at me. She really is a smily happy little person. We love her lots. We also had lots of 'nuggles" in bed, "nuggles on the couch in front of the fire, we like to "nuggle" what can we say we love each other.

As much as Addie can frustrate me she can also be completely sweet and lovable. Especially when she runs up to me and asks "what you doin?" or "Tiss Momma Tiss" and "Nook at Me Nook a Me!" A little diva just about sums it up for Addie.

This week was the beginning of many chilly morning to come. We aren't exactly fond of morning here at the Hannant house and especially not fond of chilly ones. This week we (not Paul) pretty much enjoyed long slow mornings snuggled in the bed watching PBS and reading books.

This week helped keep thing in perspective for me. I love being a Mom, I love having Avery smile back at me, and I love watching the girls grow and learn. Just now Addie realized that light reflects off a mirror and she is chasing the reflection around the house saying "Nook Mommy Nook". These small moments I wouldn't trade for anything, they bring joy to my day and make all the frustrating moments fade away. I hope that I can alway nook and be there for my family. I may not always be on top of the cooking or the cleaning, but I hope that they can say that I was always there when they needed me!



















No comments:

Post a Comment