Background

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Momma Said!

There would be days like this and 3rd times the charm seem to be the clichés of my week. I am not going to lie, this week was a tuff one, I think all of us shed tears at least once this week. Okay Paul didn't but the rest of us did. Dehalloweening, potty training and swapping the girls room with the guest room makes for lots of tears.
Yes those would be Dora panties. Now Addie loves her panties she has to sleep with them when she is back in a diap for bed time! Gross I know, but kinda cute.
Some might think, ahh that cute face, how could you want to beat her! I have never wanted to beat her so much in my life (but I refrained) as I did during day 2 attempt 3 of potty training. Yes attempt 3, the 2 prior attempts failled because A) I ran out of panties or B) I ran out of will, I couldn't fight the tears and pleading for a diap.
After loads and loads of laundry and a few tears I was thinking that Avery was making more progress than Addie. I had tried praise, candy, surprises, and it all seemed to make it worse. Seriously who would have thought that keeping it low key was the answer. The end of day two I was in tears, Paul was gone and Addie was begging for a diap, I was ready to cave again, but then I was haunted by the thought of buying more diapers. Paul came home to a frustrated mom a grumpy baby and a really grumpy Addie. I had just made her sit on the potty for 25 min. and not even 2 minutes after I let her off she peed. Paul said "she just might not be ready" but I resisted the urge to give up and started day 3 with determination to be patient and work with Addie and try my hardest not to beat her! Luckily by the end of day 3 it clicked and Addie is mostly potty trained. So far it has been a few days and we have even gone on a few errands and we are accident free. Lets just hope and pray that she continues to pee in the big girl potty, I am tired of cleaning and doing laundry. Mom needs a break after this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment