Background

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Amazing Mexico

Time to kick back and relax we are on vacation!
Paul and I had an amazing opportunity to spend 5 days in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. We were so fortunate to be able to spend some time with wonderful people in a beautiful place. It was a much needed and truly enjoyed vacation.
After 5 days we were still all smiles. We were on the bus packed and ready to come home and see our beautiful Addie Pie.
Before we left we managed to squeeze a whole lotta fun into our action packed vacation. Between the Amazingly beautiful surf town to downtown Puerto Vallarta crazy bus rides and the stinkin' Flamingo we made it home all in one piece. All I can say about the Mexican bus system is WOW! Whether being crammed in like sardines or scared for my life while the driver continues to talk on a cell phone we always made it back to our hotel, usually hours later but hey we were on vacation!
Sayulita was such a fun afternoon. A group of 8 pilled in a taxi van and took a field trip to a locals favorite. The shopping was authentic and the surf was great! Paul and the boys hit the waves while the wives either soaked up some rays or took to the shops. Guess what I chose! Shopping of coarse. I found an amazing jewelry store along with the best ice cream in Mexico. A cute old Mexican lady ran a tiny ice cream shop she spoke zero english, but had amazing flavors. I liked it so much I had it twice all in one afternoon. If you ever have a chance to eat Guanabana, fantastic!
Another great find was this popsicle stand in downtown Puerto Vallarta. If you can't tell I have a thing for sweets! What can I say I'm pregnant. The amazingly beautiful part about this town is that you have the beautiful ocean on the right and then on the left majestic green mountains.
If you were ever worried that being pregnant might keep me from enjoying all that Puerto Vallarta had to offer, think again! I still managed to sea kayak with the dolphins and take an amazing tour of the mountains! Shhhh don't tell, but I took a zodiac boat, then jumped in an old Mercedes truck, then took a mule to the top where from there we took a series of zip lines and repelled back down to the bottom. Not exactly what the doctor ordered, but it was a whole lotta fun!
Don't mind the aqua socks, first and only time they have ever been on my feet! My sandels didn't pass. I figured that it would be better to lay low than draw attention to myself, especially since I signed that I wasn't prego!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, guess you can't say you guys got married and boring. Looks like you had a blast! You got some great pictures too.

    ReplyDelete